The first collated nail made of wood
With the development of the LignoLoc® Nail, the BECK Fastener Group has launched a new generation of fastening technology. The capture of a traditional fastener and the transfer of this technology into the age of automation seem at first glance easier than it really was. Due to many years of experience of the FASCO engineers a pneumatic nailer could be developed which can implement this new technology.
Indigenous beech wood
As a basic material for LignoLoc® wooden nails. Beech is the wood best suited to manufacturing LignoLoc® wooden nails, because its straight growth gives it the most homogeneous cell structure.The nail is hardened by compressing the cell structure and permeating it with resin. This also gives the wood tremendous durability – outdoors as well. Since beechwood is an indigenous and renewable raw material, this is particularly good for our carbon footprint and rounds off our ecological approach to wood processing.
LignoLoc® wooden nails: key benefits
- Quick and simple processing with FASCO pneumatic nailers
- Hardly any water absorption, so no expansion
- High holding power thanks to lignin welding
- Resistant to fungal infestation
- No streaking or bleeding on the wood
- More environmentally friendly than metal fasteners
- Installed significantly faster than wood dowels
- No pre-drilling
- No wood glue necessary
- Made of indigenous beech wood
- Better fireprotection in wood structure than steel or metal fasteners
- No thermal bridges, so better insulation values
- Tensile strength similar to aluminium nails (~ 250 N/mm²)
- Less tool wear when cutting nailed wooden components subsequently
High retention thanks to lignin welding
The special design of the LignoLoc® nail tip and the large amount of heat generated by friction when the nail is driven in cause the lignin of the wooden nail to weld with the surrounding wood to form a substance-to-substance bond.
Quick processing – no pre-drilling
LignoLoc® wooden nails are shot in pneumatically. This completely eliminates the need for any additional pre-drilling, such as that for wooden dowels, which in turn saves you time and money.
Less tool wear
LignoLoc® wooden nails conserve tools and saw blades when post-processing wooden components in prefabricated buildings.